Thursday, August 5, 2010

DisFanReview's Points of Interest at SWCV


Being that DisFanReview is first & foremost a Disney fan blog, Our focus at Star Wars Celebration V will be, of course all things Disney. On Thursday August 12th at 3pm we are excited to attend the Disney Parks panel "The Creative Force At Disney: From Star Tour to Indiana Jones Adventure." On Friday August 13th at noon, we will be attending the "Disney Collectibles - What's Cool & What's Coming" panel. On Saturday August 14th DisFanReview will be attending the "Last Tour To Endor" event at Disney's Hollywood Studio's at Walt Disney World, Of course throughout the weekend we will also have full coverage of the Disney booth on the Celebration show floor. Obviously there will be about a million other things to do at Star Wars Celebration and the following is the short list of what you can expect from DisFanReview's coverage of SWCV.

Of course, every single Gen X kid that grew up with the original trilogy remembers breaking open those old Kenner action figure packages, and we all wanted to have our own Star Wars character figure. So, since Hasbro hasn't asked me to sit for a sculpting of my action figure, posing for a photo with this giant blister pack will be the next best thing.

I'm an old sailor, so obviously... I have tattoos. I love tattoos, wish I had more. Unfortunately the budget for our trip to SWCV does not allow for any Star Wars related tattoos during the "Ink Fusion Tattoo Festival" going on at the celebration, But we will have the next best thing. We are currently working with some of the folks at Ink Fusion to do a time-lapse video of a Star Wars tattoo being created from beginning to end. We are still trying to iron out all the details, but I am very excited about this project. Should be fun to watch.

Although my years of doing ridiculous tricks and grinds on a skateboard are WAY over, I am still a major skateboarding enthusiast.Which is why I am excited about this event. A collection of skateboard decks painted with an Empire Strikes Back theme, that will be displayed for all to see then auctioned off for charity. Lots of photos will be taken!

The 501st Legion, the officially recognized fan costuming group of Lucasfilm has commissioned an amazing list of celebrity artist's to create their own unique interpretation of the Stormtrooper helmet from the original trilogy. Guest artist's include Darth Maul himself, Ray Park. Film and TV super creator J.J. Abrams(you know the guy who created LOST, and directed the amazing reboot of Star Trek). Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew, and Weird Al Yankovic and his daughter just to name a very few. The entire display should be quite epic to behold.

Last but not least I will be scouring the show floor for any vendor who will be selling the Star Wars Trilogy on VHS... in the widescreen format. Why? Well I recently discovered that VHS is infinitely more difficult for my children to destroy than DVD & Blu-Ray. I also prefer to see Star Wars in widescreen because you get the full cinematic effect and honestly it just looks a million times better on my 16:9 TV. I'm not going to hold my breath though. I somehow doubt that I am going to find the widescreen VHS version, mainly because I have been looking for it for quite sometime. I also expect that if I do indeed find it at SWCV I will probably pay through the nose for it. Only time will tell.

These are really just the high points of our Star Wars celebration coverage, there will of course be tons of pictures tweeted on our twitter account and much more.
-Admiral Duke

No comments:

Post a Comment